Place:


Wormleighton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wormleighton like this:

WORMLEIGHTON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the Oxford canal, 1½ mile E by N of Fenny-Compton r. station. It has a post-office under Leamington. Acres, 2,320. Real property, £3,980. Pop., 203. Houses, 39. The property belongs to Earl Spencer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £80.* Patron, Earl Spencer. The church was recently restored.

Wormleighton through time

Wormleighton is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wormleighton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wormleighton, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9474

Date accessed: 20th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wormleighton ".