Place:


Great Wolford  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Wolford like this:

WOLFORD (Great and Little), a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; 3½ miles ENE of Moreton r. station. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 2,679. Real property, £4,080. Pop., 534. Houses, 98. Little W. belonged formerly to the Ingrams; belongs now to Sir. G. R. Philips, Bart.; and has been much improved. The living is a vicarage, united with Burmington, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £480.* Patron, Merton College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1833. Charities, £5.

Great Wolford through time

Great Wolford is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Wolford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Wolford, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9463

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Wolford ".