Place:


St Dogwells  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Dogwells like this:

DOGWELLS (St.), a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on an affluent of the West Cleddau river, 7 miles NW by N of Clarbeston Road r. station, and 8 N of Haverfordwest. Post town, Letterston, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 3, 347. Real property, £2, 345. Pop., 436. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to St. David's cathedral. Slate is quarried, and a medicinal spring occurs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £71.* Patrons, the Bishop, and Dean, and Chapter of St. Davids. The church is good. Charities, £8.

St Dogwells through time

St Dogwells is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Dogwells itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Dogwells in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8778

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Dogwells ".