Place:


Wilby  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilby like this:

WILBY, a parish, with a village, in Wellingborough district, Northampton; 3 miles SW of Wellingborough r. stations. It has a post-office under Northampton. Acres, 1,120. Real property, £2,599. Pop., 456. Houses, 95. The property is divided among a few. There are a leather factory, and an extensive brick, tile, and lime manufactory. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £369.* Patron, M. H. Stockdale, Esq. The church's chancel was recently rebuilt; and its tower and spire are very beautiful.

Wilby through time

Wilby is now part of Wellingborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wellingborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wilby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilby, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8351

Date accessed: 19th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wilby ".