In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Blatchington like this:
BLATCHINGTON, or Bletchington (West), a parish in Steyning district, Sussex; near the South Coast railway, 2 ½ miles NW of Brighton. Post Town, Brighton. Acres, 876. Real property, £805. Pop., 59. Houses, 10. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Brighton, in the diocese of Chichester.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West Blatchington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Brighton and Hove. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West Blatchington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Blatchington, in Brighton and Hove and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West Blatchington".