Place:


Great Wratting  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Wratting like this:

WRATTING (Great and Little), two parishes in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 2¼ and 1¾ miles NNE of Haverhill r. station. Post town, Haverhill, under Newmarket. Acres, 1,329 and 936. Real property, £1,858 and £1,168. Pop., 423 and 193. Houses, 86 and 38. The property is not much divided. The livings are conjoint rectories in the diocese of Ely. Value, £616.* Patron, F. Drake, Esq. The churches are tolerable; and there are a national school, and charities £15.

Great Wratting through time

Great Wratting is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Wratting itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Wratting, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8128

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Wratting ".