Place:


Fulwood  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fulwood like this:

FULWOOD, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile N of Preston. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Preston. Acres, 2, 077. Real property, £6, 218. Pop. in 1851, 1, 748; in 1861, 2, 313. Houses, 172. This was part of the ancient royal forest of Fulwood, now enclosed; and Preston race-ground was part of it. Extensive barracks are here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of L. The church is recent.

Fulwood through time

Fulwood is now part of Preston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Preston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fulwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fulwood, in Preston and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/797

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fulwood ".