Place:


Abram  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abram like this:

ABRAM, a chapelry in Wigan parish, Lancashire on the Wigan and Newton railway, and Wigan and Leigh canal, 3½ miles SSE of Wigan. Acres, 1,965. Real property, £8,925,-of which £4,125 are in mines. Pop., 911. Houses, 173. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage. Value, £120. Patron, the Rector of Wigan. The church was built in 1843. There are an endowed school, and charities £36.

Abram through time

Abram is now part of Wigan district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wigan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abram itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abram, in Wigan and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/793

Date accessed: 17th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abram ".