Place:


Swilland  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swilland like this:

SWILLAND, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 3¾ miles N by E of Westerfield r. station, and 6 N by E of Ipswich. Post town, Ipswich. Acres, 951. Real property, £1,869. Pop., 243. houses, 52. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £262.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient but good.

Swilland through time

Swilland is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swilland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swilland in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7776

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swilland ".