Place:


Sotherton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sotherton like this:

SOTHERTON, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; 4 miles ENE of Halesworth r. station. Post town, Wangford. Acres, 1,085. Real property, £1,675. Pop., 187. Houses, 39. The property belongs to the Earl of Stradbroke. The living is a rectory, annexed to Uggeshall. The church was rebuilt in 1854.

Sotherton through time

Sotherton is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sotherton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sotherton, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7696

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sotherton ".