In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shottisham like this:
SHOTTISHAM, a parish, with a village, in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; 4¼ miles SE of Woodbridge r. station. It has a post-office under Woodbridge. Acres, 1,135. Real property, £1,407. Pop., 317. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to the Rev. W. W. Darby and the Rev. M. B. Darby. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £230.* Patrons, the Rev. W. W. Darby and the Rev. M. B. Darby. The church was restored in 1867. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Shottisham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Shottisham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shottisham in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Shottisham".