Place:


Ringshall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ringshall like this:

RINGSHALL, a village and a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk. The village stands 3¼ miles W S W of Needham-Market r. station, and has a post-office under Stowmarket. The parish comprises 2, 116 acres. Real property, £2, 863. Pop., 359. Houses, 75. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to W. Adair, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £562.* Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is partly Norman, and all good.

Ringshall through time

Ringshall is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ringshall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ringshall in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7630

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ringshall ".