Place:


Old Weston  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Old Weston like this:

WESTON (Old), a parish, with a scattered village, in the district of Thrapston and county of Huntingdon; 8 miles N of Kimbolton r. station. It has a post-office under St. Neots. Acres, 2,012. Real property, £2,364. Pop., 426. Houses, 93. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Brington. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower and spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Old Weston through time

Old Weston is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Old Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Old Weston in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7451

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Old Weston ".