Place:


Hawksworth  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hawksworth like this:

HAWKSWORTH, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; on an affluent of the river Trent, 3 miles N by E of Aslockton r. station, and 5 NE of Bingham. Post town, Bingham, under Nottingham. Acres, 720. Real pro. perty, £1, 867. Pop., 176. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £340.* Patron, the Rev. W. W. Herringham. The church is partly early English; has a massive square tower; was repaired about 1844; and the chancel was rebuilt in 1851.

Hawksworth through time

Hawksworth is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hawksworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hawksworth, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7441

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hawksworth ".