In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kenton like this:
KENTON, a parish, with a village, in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; 2½ miles NE of Debenham, and 6 WNW of Framlingham r. station. Post town, Debenham, under Stonham. Acres, 1, 208. Real property, £2, 064. Pop., 308. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Rev. Thomas Mills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £150. * Patron, Lord Henniker. The church is of the 12th century, and has a mural monumental plate of the Garney family, of date 1524. There are a national school, and charities £38.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kenton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Suffolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kenton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kenton in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kenton".