In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Staughton like this:
STAUGHTON (Great), a parish, with several hamlets, in St. Neots district, Hunts; 3 miles SE of Kimbolton r. station. It has a post-office under St. Neots. Acres, 5,940. Real property, £8,900. Pop., 1,312. Houses, 297. The property is much subdivided. S. House and Gaines Hall are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £500.* Patron, St. John's College, Oxford. The church is ancient but good. There are two Baptist chapels, a Wesleyan chapel, a parochial school, and charities £49.
Great Staughton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Staughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Staughton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Staughton ".