Place:


Old Hurst  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Old Hurst like this:

HURST (Old), a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdon; 3½ miles WSW of Somersham r. station, and 4 NNW of St. Ives. It has a post office under Huntingdon. Acres, 1, 350. Real property, £1, 330. Pop., 174. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to James Montagu, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of St. Ives, in the diocese of Ely. The church consists of nave and chancel, and has an early English door.

Old Hurst through time

Old Hurst is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Old Hurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Old Hurst in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7328

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Old Hurst ".