Place:


South Cove  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Cove like this:

COVE (South), a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; near the coast, 4 miles N of Southwold, and 5½ E of Brampton r. station. Post town, Wrentham, under Wangford. Acres, 1, 214. Real property, £1, 617. Pop., 187. Houses, 38. Some clay-pits are here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £274.* Patron, Sir T. Gooch, Bart. Charities, £14.

South Cove through time

South Cove is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Cove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Cove, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7104

Date accessed: 17th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Cove ".