Place:


Blaxhall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blaxhall like this:

BLAXHALL, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Alde, 2 miles NE of Wickham-Market Junction r. station, and 5 SSW of Saxmundham. It has a post office under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1,975. Real property, £2,746. Pop., 589. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £498.* Patron, the Rev. A. N. Bates. The church was restored in 1863. There are a free school, and charities £18.

Blaxhall through time

Blaxhall is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blaxhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blaxhall in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7038

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blaxhall ".