Place:


Barnardiston  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barnardiston like this:

BARNARDISTON, corruptedly Berniston, a parish in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 3¾ miles NW of Clare r. station, and 12 SSE of Newmarket. Post Town, Clare, under Sudbury. Acres, 1,100. Real property, £1,489. Pop., 280. Houses, 51. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £191. Patron, the Rev. Val. Ellis. The church is good; and there is a Primitive Methodist chapel.

Barnardiston through time

Barnardiston is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barnardiston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barnardiston, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7013

Date accessed: 22nd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barnardiston ".