In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ramsden Bellhouse like this:
RAMSDEN-BELLHOUSE, a parish, with a village, in Billericay district, Essex; adjacent to the river Crouch, 2¾ miles E by S of Billericay, and 4¾ N by W of Pitsea r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Ramsden-Heath, under Ingatestone. Acres, 2, 685. Real property, £2, 917. Pop., 430. Houses, 102. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Stock-Harward, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower and spire.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ramsden Bellhouse has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Basildon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ramsden Bellhouse and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ramsden Bellhouse, in Basildon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ramsden Bellhouse".