Place:


Llowes  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llowes like this:

LLOWES, a parish in the district of Hay and county of Radnor; on the river Wye, at the boundary with Brecon, and on the Hereford and Brecon railway, 3 miles SW by W of Hay. Post town, Hay, under Hereford. Acres, 3,319. Real property, £3,127. Pop, 324. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Llanddewi-Vach, in the diocese of St. David's. Valne, £132. Patron, the Archdeacon of Brecon. The church is very good.

Llowes through time

Llowes is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llowes itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llowes, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6722

Date accessed: 20th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llowes ".