In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Debden like this:
DEBDEN, or Depden, a village and a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex. The village stands 2¾ miles E of Newport r. station, and 3½ S by E of Saffron-Walden; and has a post office under Saffron-Walden, and a fair on 1 June. The parish comprises 4, 404 acres. Real property, £6, 049. Pop., 942. Houses, 203. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged, in the time of the Conqueror, to Ralph Peverell; and belongs now to Sir F. Vincent, Bart. Debden Hall was built in 1795, after designs by Holland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £837.* Patron, Sir F. Vincent, Bart. The church is ancient; has monuments of the Chiswells; and is good. There are a national school and charities £104.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Debden has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Uttlesford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Debden and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Debden, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Debden".