Place:


Llanynys  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanynys like this:

LLANYNYS, a parish in Builth district, Brecon; on the river Irvon, 3 miles W by S of Builth r. stationPost town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 2,250. Real property, £952. Pop., 152. Houses, 27. Much of the land is barren mountain. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £101. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. Charities, £10.

Llanynys through time

Llanynys is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanynys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanynys, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6673

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanynys ".