Place:


Llanilid  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanilid like this:

LLANILID, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; near the river Ogmore and the South Wales railway, 4 miles W by S of Cowbridge Junction, and 5 N by W of Cowbridge. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 1,574. Real property, £1,065; of which £110 are in mines. Pop., 150. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. Coal is worked. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Llanharan, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £324. * Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Ilid, and is tolerable.

Llanilid through time

Llanilid is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanilid itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanilid, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6494

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanilid ".