Place:


Llanilar  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanilar like this:

LLANILAR, a parish in Aberystwith district, Cardigan; on the river Ystwith, adjacent to the Aberystwith, Tregaron, Lampeter, and Carmarthen railway, 5½ miles SE of Aberystwith. It comprises the two townships of L. Lower and L. Upper; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Aberystwith. ...


Acres, 6,403. Real property, £3,834. Pop., 947. Houses, 189. The property is divided among a few. Birch Grove and Castle Hill are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £95.* Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Hilary, and is good. There are an endowed school with £9 a year, and other charities £5.

Llanilar through time

Llanilar is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanilar itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanilar, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6492

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanilar ".