Place:


Llangwyryfon  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangwyryfon like this:

LLANGRWYDDON, or LLAN-Y-GWYRYFON, a parish in Aberystwith district, Cardigan; on the river Wyrai, under Mynydd-Bach hill, 7½ miles S by E of Aberystwith r. station. Post town, Aberystwith. Acres, 3,846. Real property, £2,073. Pop., 557. Houses, 131. Turf fuel is obtained. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £176. Patron, J. P. B. Chichester, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Ursula, and has an ancient pillar cross.

Llangwyryfon through time

Llangwyryfon is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangwyryfon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangwyryfon, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6440

Date accessed: 21st November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangwyryfon ".