In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangwm like this:
LLANGWM, or LLANGWYN, a township and a parish in the district of Corwen and county of Denbigh. The township lies on an affluent of the river Dee, 7½ miles W by N of Corwen r. station; and has a post office, of the name of Llangwm, under Corwen, and fairs on 8 March, 18 April, and 11 Aug. The parish contains also the townships of Cefn-Cymer, Disgarth, Llan, Llysdimel, Molfre, Nant-Haulog, Penyfoed, and Rhos-y-Mambrych. Acres, 10,578. Real property, £4,215. Pop., 986. Houses, 194. Much of the surface is waste upland. A battle was fought within the parish, in the 10th century, between Eidwal and Meredydd, princes of Wales. The. living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £350. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. There are two chapels for Independents, two for Calvinistic Methodists, one for Wesleyans, and charities £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llangwm has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llangwm and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangwm, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llangwm".