Place:


Sheldwich  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sheldwich like this:

SHELDWICK, a parish, with a village, in Faversham district, Kent; 2¾ miles S of Faversham r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Sheldwick-Lees, under F Faversham. Acres, 1,896. Real property, £3,199. Pop., 616. Houses, 119. The manor, with Lees Court, belongs to Lord Sondes. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £209.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter ofThe church is later English. There are a Wesleyan chapel and national schools.

Sheldwich through time

Sheldwich is now part of Swale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sheldwich itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sheldwich, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6360

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sheldwich ".