Place:


Little Mongeham  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Mongeham like this:

MONGEHAM (LITTLE), a parish in Eastry district, Kent; 2¾ miles WSW of Deal r. station. Post town, Deal. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £2,384. Pop., 138. Houses, 28. The manor was given, in 760, by Aldric, king of Kent, to St. Augustine's, Canterbury. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £350.* Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. Only the foundations of the church now exist.

Little Mongeham through time

Little Mongeham is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Mongeham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Mongeham, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6284

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Mongeham ".