Place:


West Tisted  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Tisted like this:

TISTED (West), a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 5¼ miles ESE of Alresford r. station. Post town, Alresford. Acres, 2,268. Real property, £1,826. Pop., 282. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £58.* Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church is good.

West Tisted through time

West Tisted is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Tisted itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Tisted in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6070

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Tisted ".