Place:


Pusey  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pusey like this:

PUSEY, a parish in Faringdon district, Berks; 4 miles N by E of Challow r. station, and 5 E by N of Faringdon. Post-town, Buckland, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,070. Real property, £1, 235. Pop., 134. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The manor was known to the Saxons as Pefesige; was givenby Canute to the family of Pusey; and, with P. House, belongs now to S. E. Bouverie Pusey, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £163.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was rebuiltabout 1764, and is cruciform.

Pusey through time

Pusey is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pusey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pusey, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5917

Date accessed: 24th May 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pusey ".