In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfyrnach like this:
LLANFYRNACH, or LLANVERNACH, a village and a parish in the district of Newcastle-in-Emlyn and county of Pembroke. The village stands on the river Taff, near the boundary with Carmarthen, under Llanfyrnach hills, near Precelly mountain, 9½ miles SW of Newcastle-Emlyn r. station; and is a considerable place. The parish comprises 6,328 acres; and its Post town is Cardigan. Real property, £3,770; of which £200 are in mines. Pop., 934. Houses, 212. The property is divided among a few. Lead ore is mined, and there are mineral springs. Tumuli and standing stones are near the village. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St, David's. Value, £176.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Byrnach, and was reported in 1859 as not good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfyrnach has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfyrnach and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfyrnach in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 17th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfyrnach".