Place:


Longham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longham like this:

LONGHAM, a parish, with a village, in Mitford district, Norfolk; 2 miles N of Wendling r. station, and 4 NW of East Dereham. Post town, Dereham. Acres, 1,304. Real property, £1,854. Pop., 320. Houses, 77. The manor and most of the land belong to the Earl of Leicester. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Wendling, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £100.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is later English; and consists of nave, chancel, and S porch, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Longham through time

Longham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Longham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5154

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Longham ".