In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandegfan like this:
LLANDEGFAN, a village and a parish in the district of Bangor and county of Anglesey. The village stands on the Menai strait, near the ferry station, 2 miles SW of Beaumaris, and 3 NE of Menai-Bridge r. station; and has a post office under Menai-Bridge, Anglesey.The parish comprises 2,232 acres of land, and 528 of water; and includes a small uninhabited portion of Beaumaris borough. Real property, £3,564. Pop., 900. Houses, 205. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the p. ...
curacy of Beanmaris, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £366. * Patron, Sir R. B. W. Bulkeley, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Tegvan; was rebuilt in 1811; has a large S chapel, almost outvying the chancel; has also a tower; and being situated on a hill, serves as a conspicuous landmark. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, an endowed school with £8 a year, and charities £50.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llandegfan has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llandegfan and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandegfan in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandegfan".