Place:


Canon Pyon  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Canon Pyon like this:

CANON-PYON, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; 4 miles SE of Weobly, and 4½ WNW of Moreton r. station. It has a post office under Hereford. Acres, 3,706. Real property, £5,630. Pop., 768. Houses, 172. The property is much subdivided. Canon-Pyon House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is early English, in tolerable condition; and has a large old font and a screen.

Canon Pyon through time

Canon Pyon is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Canon Pyon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Canon Pyon in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4901

Date accessed: 24th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Canon Pyon ".