Place:


Davidstow  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Davidstow like this:

DAVIDSTOW-popularly Dewstow-a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; 4 miles NE by N of Camelford, and 12 W by N of Launceston r. station. Post town, Camelford. Acres, 6, 756. Real property, £4, 050. Pop., 394. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. The surface is very bleak; and a great moor of it extends to Rowtor and Brown Willy. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £192. Patron, the Prince of Wales. The church is interesting.

Davidstow through time

Davidstow is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Davidstow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Davidstow in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4640

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Davidstow ".