Place:


Wentworth  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wentworth like this:

WENTWORTH, or Wingford, a parish in Ely district, Cambridge; 4½ miles W by S of Ely r. station. Post town, Ely. Acres, 1,437. Real property, £2,653. Pop., 180. Houses, 40. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £450.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is partly Norman, chiefly early English, and all good. .

Wentworth through time

Wentworth is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wentworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wentworth in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4632

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wentworth ".