Place:


Woodland  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodland like this:

WOODLAND, a chapelry in Ipplepen parish, Devon; 5 miles WSW of Newton-Abbot r. station. Post town, Ashburton, under Newton-Abbot. Acres, 1,606. Real property, £1,795; of which £25 are in quarries. Pop., 169. Houses, 50. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £56. Patrons, the Inhabitants. The church is good.

Woodland through time

Woodland is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodland, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4259

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodland ".