In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston upon Trent like this:
WESTON-UPON-TRENT, a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; on the river Trent and the Grand Trunk canal, 4 miles S of Borrowash r. station, and 6½ SE of Derby. Post town, Derby. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £4,596. Pop., 321. Houses, 67. The manor belongs to Sir R. Wilmot, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £594.* Patron, Sir R. Wilmot, Bart. The church is ancient but good. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston upon Trent has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Derbyshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston upon Trent and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston upon Trent in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston upon Trent".