Place:


Tupton  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tupton like this:

TUPTON, a township in North Wingfield parish, Derby; 3 miles S of Chesterfield. It has a post-office under Chesterfield. Real property, £1,435; of which £300 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 270; in 1861, 1,004. Houses, 200. The increase of pop. arose from extension of coal mining and ironworks. T. Hall is the seat of Mrs. Packman.

Tupton through time

Tupton is now part of North East Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tupton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tupton in North East Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4151

Date accessed: 23rd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tupton ".