Place:


Walterstone  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walterstone like this:

WALTERSTONE, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 1½ mile N of Pandy r. station, and 4¾ SW of Abbeydore. Post town, Abergavenny. Acres, 1,241. Real property, £965. Pop., 173. Houses, 37. The property is subdivided. There are two Roman camps. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £136. Patron, E. Higginson, Esq. The church is tolerable. Charities, £6.

Walterstone through time

Walterstone is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walterstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walterstone in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4119

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walterstone ".