Place:


Pampisford  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pampisford like this:

PAMPISFORD, a parish, with a village, in Linton district, Cambridge; 1 mile E of Whittlesford r. station, 1¾ N of the boundary with Essex, and 4½ W N W of Linton. Post-town, Babraham, under Cambridge. Acres, 1, 500. Real property, £2, 377. Pop., 347. Houses, 80. Pampisford Hall and much of the land belong to W. P. Hamond, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £85.* Patron, E. J. Mortlock, Esq. The church is a neat building, with traces of Norman; and has a tower and spire. There are a parochial school, and charities £35.

Pampisford through time

Pampisford is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pampisford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pampisford in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3820

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pampisford ".