Place:


Tiverton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tiverton like this:

TIVERTON, a township, with Four-Lane-Ends hamlet, in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; 1½ mile S by W of Tarporley It has a post-office under Tarporley, an inn, and a Baptist chapel. Acres, 1,657. Real property, £3,026. Pop., 704. Houses, 131. The manor belongs to J. Tollemache, Esq.

Tiverton through time

Tiverton is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tiverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tiverton, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3729

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tiverton ".