Place:


Yattendon  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yattendon like this:

YATTENDON, a parish, with a village, in Bradfield district, Berks; 5½ miles W by S of Pangbourne r. station. It once had a weekly market, and now has a post-office under Newbury, and a fair on 13 Oct. Acres, 1,393. Real property, £2,389. Pop., 263. Houses, 59. The manor, with Y. house , belongs to T. Howard, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £413.* Patron, R. Watkins, Esq. The church is modern. There is a parochial school. The historian Carte resided here.

Yattendon through time

Yattendon is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yattendon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yattendon in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3654

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yattendon ".