Place:


Crundale  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crundale like this:

CRUNDALE, or Crundell, a parish in East Ashford district, Kent; near the river Stour and the Ramsgate and Hastings railway, 2½ miles NE of Wye r. station, and 6¼ NE by N of Ashford. It has a post office under Canterbury. Acres, 1, 587. Real property, £1, 865. Pop., 279. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. Roman urns and other Roman relics have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £344.* Patron, Sir E. Filmer, Bart. The church is very good. Charities, £8.

Crundale through time

Crundale is now part of Ashford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ashford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crundale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crundale, in Ashford and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3519

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crundale ".