Place:


Old Alresford  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Old Alresford like this:

ALRESFORD (Old), a parish in Alresford district, Hants; adjoining the W side of Alresford parish. Post town, Alresford. Acres, 3,608. Real property, £4,314. Pop., 526. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. Old Alresford House belongs to Lord Rodney, and was the residence of his ancestor, the Admiral. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £556.* Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church was built in 1753, but has an ancient tower.

Old Alresford through time

Old Alresford is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Old Alresford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Old Alresford, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3384

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Old Alresford ".