Place:


Irlam  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Irlam like this:

IRLAM, a chapelry in Eccles parish, Lancashire; on Chat Moss, at the confluence of the rivers Irwell and Mersey, 5 miles SW of Leigh. It was constituted in 1866. Pop., about 2, 000. The living is a vicarage. Value, not reported. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1865. There is an endowed school.

Irlam through time

Irlam is now part of Salford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Irlam itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Irlam, in Salford and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/315

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Irlam ".