Place:


Peper Harow  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peper Harow like this:

PEPPERHARROW, a parish in Hambledon district, Surrey; on the river Wey, 3 miles W of Godalming r-station. Post-town, Godalming. Acres, 1, 454. Real property, £1,027. Pop., 104.-Houses, 25. P. Housebelongs to Viscount Middleton; and stands in groundscontaining some very grand cedars of Lebanon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £200.* Patron, Viscount Middleton. The church is partly Norman; and was restored under the direction of Pugin.

Peper Harow through time

Peper Harow is now part of Waverley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waverley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peper Harow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peper Harow, in Waverley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3089

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peper Harow ".