Place:


Tedstone Delamere  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tedstone Delamere like this:

TEDSTONE-DELAMERE, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 3¾ miles NE of Bromyard, and 8 SE by S of Newnham r. station. Post town, Tedstone-Wafer, under Worcester. Acres, 1,677. Real property, £1,909. Pop., 205. Houses, 41. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, 238.* Patron, Brasenose College, Oxford. The church is good.

Tedstone Delamere through time

Tedstone Delamere is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tedstone Delamere itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tedstone Delamere in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3084

Date accessed: 25th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tedstone Delamere ".